15 December, 2017

Parish Hall, Amotherby

Inside Amotherby Parish Hall

The Parish Hall at Amotherby has the official title of “Appleton-le-Street Parish Hall” as it was built to serve the Church parish of Appleton-le Street. This covers the villages of Appleton, Amotherby, Swinton & Broughton, together with the areas of Easthorpe, Hildenley & Swinton Grange.

The Hall was set up under a Trust Deed with four individuals named as Trustees. These having all long since died, in 2008 Amotherby Parish Council as a body was appointed to be the Holding Trustee for the Hall. The Charity Trustees, who run the Hall, are a Management Committee of local people and representatives of local organisations.

The Hall was built in 1930 and offers a large main hall, committee room, kitchen and toilets. During the winter of 2009/10 the toilets and entrance were extensively refurbished and brought up-to-date, together with some replacement windows, new guttering and floor repairs. Currently fundraising is on- going in order to renew the kitchen, complete window replacement, insulate walls, update lighting and electrics and redecorate generally.

Current regular users are Amotherby Table Tennis Club; Badminton group on a Wed afternoon; Pilates class on Monday evenings; Car Boot Sales and the Horticultural Society Annual & Chrysanthemum Shows.

The Hall has a tennis court, at present in need of maintenance/resurfacing as the old tennis club has expired. Anyone interested in helping form a new committee to resurrect the tennis club please contact Mrs Borrett (694009). Once a new committee is in place grants can be applied for to resurface the court.

The Hall is available to hire for all sorts of events and more daytime bookings would be very welcome–please contact the Bookings Secretary for further information.

Meanwhile anyone willing to help out at the Hall or join committee is welcomed.

Bookings are arranged either by email or telephone:

amotherbyvh@btinternet.com or 01653 698501

AGW 2011